Thursday, April 26, 2012

COTTON CANDY DREAMS: 'Random Candies' by Willar Mateo of SALAD DAY

As an art enthusiast and a great supporter of young, up and coming Filipino designers, I constantly browse Facebook pages for new collections of the designers I follow, but what excites me more and makes my smile wider is when I see a new page of Philippines' "Young Blood".

Just a little while ago, I stumbled upon a new Facebook page, SALAD DAY.



Salad Day is Willar Mateo's brainchild. Though he has been making clothes for the longest time now and is establishing a following, RANDOM CANDIES is Willar's breakthrough collection of his fashion line. In comparison to his past works, the pieces he has just released are more well put together and one can easily conclude that the young designer behind the great pieces have grown with experience. Experiences he got from working at I LOVE YOU STORE and under the wings of designer, Gian Romano.



The weirdness of the design reminded me of PARADIGM SHIFT's pieces.








True to it's brand name, Willar playfully combined elements that are vastly different from each other, but when put together, still looks great. The calmness brought about my minimalism, the fun that colorful prints bring, the bizarre cuts and patterns, all combined to bring to life what we know now as RANDOM CANDIES.




CREDITS
Photography: Al Avellana 
Styling: Anton Belardo 
Make Up: Mary Del rosario 
Models: Rutherford Perez, Maverick Bernardo, Zeke Nolasco, and Mafia Escasinas




FOR ORDERS AND PRICE INQUIRIES:







No comments:

Post a Comment