Monday, April 30, 2012

REALITY CHECK

As I was about to hit the sack, I took time to check my Facebook page and saw Aidx Paredes' post on my timeline.

If you happen to know Aidx or read his blog posts, most of his entries are about fashion and the likes, but what made me stop and take a moment to read was mainly because it is about a new blog he created with Vkmae Jumamil Amorio.

Together, they created Cafxeine as their project for MULAT PINOY, Social Networth Workshop. The blog tackles the different issues that are now being faced by people as young as the kids we see in the streets every single day. From the sensitive issues about Premarital Sex to the problems about education.




What's great about this blog is that it veered away from the glitz and the glamour of other blogs in the blogosphere. Instead of talking about what great things life has to offer, it discusses the things our less fortunate and less educated brothers x sisters have to face - even at such early age.

This blog reminded me that I have so much. Too much, maybe. From the material things up to my very intellect.

I just hope that we will not let ourselves be blinded by what interests us or catches our fancy. May we all take a moment to realize that in this life, there is more to care about.







No comments:

Post a Comment