Sunday, April 8, 2012

BOSQUEJO: A Handcrafted Creations of a GENIUS


I stumbled upon a picture of a VERY fashionable lad in Facebook and automatically clicked it and browsed some of his photos. When I found out that he has a LOOKBOOK account, it was a no-brainer, I had to see all of his looks! The guy I am referring to is no other than, Miguel Paolo Celestial. A 30 year old blogger, writer, designer from Manila, who DOES NOT LOOK LIKE HIS AGE!

When I was browsing through his LOOKS on his LookBook, my attention was caught by the adornment around his neck.



Little did I know, Miguel Paolo Celestial was the one who painstakingly handcrafted this gem of a neck piece!

BOSQUEJO, as it is named, is his brainchild. “Bosquejo” is the Spanish word for Sketch, Outline, Draft. The name was initially used for his mens wear blog El Bosquejo, which served as his online diary, which features his daily looks and everything about Men’s Fashion.

Miguel, being the man of art that he is, made accessories all for himself, using materials that usually wouldn’t be worn as an accessory. Take stuff from the hardware for example. Through his blog and LookBook account, the public seemed to grow fond over his accessories. This convinced Miguel to produce his one-of-a-kind masterpieces commercially.

His pieces, through time and word-of-mouth, became ubiquitous. Appearing in several fashion blogs and publications.




Bosquejo even caught Rajo Laurel’s liking, allowing several pieces to be sold alongside his creations.





I am such a big fan of his SACRE Collection, it was an homage to the “gods” that we believe in. He created it in a way that the pieces wouldn’t look “churchy” or something ONLY a Priest and a Nun would wear. here are some of his collection off SACRE:








A peek on his HARDWARE Collection:


This one, I have to say, is my favorite! So spunky and edgy. And I love how brilliant he mixes and matches unconventional materials.

One of his collection that I love is his DJINN Collection:



Steel Bard, this is my favorite from this collection. I love how he mixed the earthy feel into the edgy look of this necklace.




Well, It's quite obvious what my favorites are! haha

I CAN’T WAIT to have my first Bosquejo!




Visit them at:

ac+632
2/F Greenbelt 5
Makati

House of Laurel
6013 Villena corner MaƱalac Street
Poblacion, Makati

Poetry
Alley West, Pub Street Area
Siem Reap, Cambodia



Contact:

Email: miguelpaolocelestial@gmail.com


also,

SEE THE LOOKS OF THE MAN-OF-THE-HOUR:












No comments:

Post a Comment