Friday, April 13, 2012

DAVAO STYLE: Time To Move (Fashion) Forward

A BIG 'NO THANKS' to Pinoy Big Brother for capitalizing the notion of some people from Manila that DAVAO is a province, a farm town, a place where people seem to look not so good.. I mean, WHAT THE HELL?!

It's not like Davao hasn't seen the day of light when technology and of course, STYLE came about!

Well, I'm not the one who can talk (or blog) about the advancements or the great things happening to Davao, but I can introduce you to these these FASHION-FORWARD people from Davao, who proves that DAVAO ain't a muddy, prehistoric place. LOL




MARION LEVI UY 




The girl behind Forest Doll and the reason behind the smile of SPC Pharmacy Dept.'s Erl Jan Fallorina.... Well, that also makes her the object of ENVY of girls in SPC who crushes on Erl. LOL.

I know a little about her but one thing is for sure, she has a love-affair with everything cute and pastel. Her style is what we know as "Mori Girl" Fashion.

Mori Girl is a Japanese street fashion that looks woodsy and natural. A mori girl dresses in earthy colors and loose dresses and layers.

What I love about her style is her personality. FEARLESS. It takes not just an Adele or a Taylor Swift kind of fearlessness but more like a Katniss Everdeen kind of fearlessness to pull-off this kind of look because not everyone (at least in Davao) are very accepting or even open to fearless fashion. So, Marion - - - LOOOVE YOU!



PATRISCIA BACALTOS



The 1/2 of STYLE ZODIAC, Pat's fashion style is what I call as "LookBook-worthy". I can tell that she's a photo enthusiast after seeing her page full of EYE-gasmic photos.

What I love about her style is the way she looks so comfortable in whatever she's wearing. In the native tongue, it's not "Tiis-Ganda". She's a testament that COMFORT + STYLE can really come together.




GELIANNE ALBA


I got to meet her back then when I was still in SPC as a BSN Student through the "3 Stooges" (Beda, Kevin, and Jose) as I fondly call them.

I never thought she dresses this good! I mean, when I get to see her in SPC she's just so laid-back and opts to wear t-shirt-pants combo when every girl in school abuses the right to dress-up soooooo much during wash days. Well, that's what I love about her.



CHEYSER PEDREGOSA



If you love fashion and fashion blogs but don't know Cheyser, you must be living under a rock! LOL. With a number of following, it's easy to say that she is one of Davao's top fashion bloggers. She might also be the one who paved they way for fashion enthusiasts to pursue blogging.

Cheyser is a FASHION CHAMELEON! One day she'll be looking hippie, the next she'll go out rockin' a boho look, and the next sportin' a bit corporate attire.. all with a signature Cheyser twist. That's what I love about her, she doesn't stick to one look and still manages to look good anyway.











-- MALE FASHIONISTAS --

One thing I admire about male fashionistas is that their so fearless! again,  It takes not just an Adele or a Taylor Swift kind of fearlessness but more like a John Cena kind of fearlessness. To go out and dress so fashionably. Because when you're a guy and you dress too fashionable, you can only look two things. Either you'll look like you're trying too hard or you'll look too gay.






DUANE BACON



The thing about Duane is that he doesn't try too hard to look fashionable. He just dresses the way he is. As an artist, it's like he expresses his art also in the way he dresses himself. I love his choice in clothing. These are actually what a MALE FASHIONISTA should look like.




DOMINIC CIO



I met Dom years back and I must say, it is only now that I got to see his fashionista side. What I love about the way he dresses is that he knows his body so much. He wears pieces that would show off what he's greatly bestowed with.




ENZO LOPEZ




With such towering height and a frame of a model, Enzo Lopez looks good with just about anything. His choice of clothing flatters his height as well as his built. I love how he coordinates pieces with other pieces but still make everything stand-out and not overpower the other.




BRUCE FAMIN



I got to meet Bruce years back through Roy Hernandez and the first thing I noticed about Bruce is the way he dressed so good. What I love about his looks is that he knows what shoes to go with his outfit. Everything that he wears just pops out and calls for your attention.




JUNNIE ARTAJO



FAST RISING FASHION DESIGNER FROM DAVAO, Jun Artajo. You're in dire need of medication if you don't know him. LOL. I've known him for quite some time now and I'm just so proud of just how much he's already accomplished. The thing I love about Jun when it comes to dressing is that, HE DRESSES THE WAY HE FEELS. He can be simple this day, and be high fashion the next. And with such great talent, he can easily make his own outfits. That is something to envy about. haha.



WILSON LIMON



I met Wilson not too long ago and we just clicked immediately! The other half of STYLE ZODIAC. What I love about his style is his choice of tops. "TOPS"? oh, that sounds a bit weird. LOL LOL LOL. He says that some of his looks are treasures from thrift stores. I've always wanted to try going but I just can't seem to find time and duh, like anything would fit me. LOL. I love the patterns in his shirts and the way he incorporates his top with the rest of his outfit.









1 comment:

  1. The sweetest thing I read in months! :-) Thank you so much for noticing me. And can I say I love you too? <3

    www.forest-doll.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete